Weldon Mentor Program
Weldon Mentor Program: Living the Weldon Tradition – Building the Community
The Weldon Mentor Program provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable insight into the legal profession through meeting one-on-one with an alumni. The program is designed as a system of support and guidance aimed at helping students connect with alumni, who see the value of mentoring, and want to share their experience and insight with current students and recent graduates. The program is not designed or intended to focus on employment opportunities.
Goals and Objective
- Provide students with opportunities to learn about the legal profession and gain “real world knowledge” from alumni who work in various fields and have diverse legal backgrounds
- Provide students with insight into the vast opportunities and challenges of a legal career
- Provide students with opportunities to broaden and expand their professional networks
- Provide a network for student to connect with colleagues with a shared law school experience
- Provide alumni with the opportunity to meet and influence future legal professionals and share their knowledge and experience
- Provide alumni with the opportunity to enhance the educational experience of our students and give back to their alma mater in a unique and meaningful way
- Provide alumni with the opportunity to gain access to current concepts and research being taught at the Schulich School of Law
How it works
The Weldon Mentor program is open to current students and recent graduates. The program is individually tailored to student interests. The criteria used in assigning a mentor will be based on information provided by alumni and students on the student2mentors platform. Examples of criteria include geography and area of practice. Ideally, mentors will be available from both traditional and non-traditional law careers geography and area of practice.